Re: xorg video modes question

Fred wrote:

You should check the log file (/var/log/Xorg.0.log). The actual resoulution is
logged there.

Regards,

    Hartwig

Hi Hartwig,
The log file lists every video mode known to man but doesn't say what it is actually using. The output of xrandr does show the current mode is 1280x1024. Text and application windows look the correct size and no longer appear magnified as they did at the original 800x600. I could post the log file here but it is rather large (24K).

I can grab an application window and it will move entirely out of view to the right and bottom up to the cursor.

The logfile on a (Wheezy) system I've just fired up doesn't even list resolutions. However I find

$ cat /proc/openprom/SUNW,ffb@1e,0/width
00000480
$ cat /proc/openprom/SUNW,ffb@1e,0/height
00000384

which look promising, I suggest comparing these (if you have them or something close) with the parameters reported by your monitor.

There used to be a parameter to control the viewport for tis sort of problem. However I repeat what I said earlier: the best way to handle this might be by telling OBP what to use as early as possible.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk