Re: xorg video modes question

On 02/13/2013 09:04 AM, Hartwig Atrops wrote:
Hi Fred.

The monitor is now running at 1280x1024.  I am using the openbox window
manager.  The display is way bigger that the LCD and when an application
is minimized the icon goes way off the screen and I can't get it back.
Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Monitor		"Sun-x7205a"
	DefaultDepth	16
	SubSection	"Display"
		Depth	16
		Modes	"1280x1024" "1024x768"
#		Depth	24
#		Modes	"1280x1024" "1024x768"
		Virtual	1280 1024
#xdm won't run if depth is set to 24
	EndSubSection
EndSection
Just a guess: you're running at less than 1280x1024.

You should check the log file (/var/log/Xorg.0.log). The actual resoulution is
logged there.

Regards,

    Hartwig

Hi Hartwig,
The log file lists every video mode known to man but doesn't say what it is actually using. The output of xrandr does show the current mode is 1280x1024. Text and application windows look the correct size and no longer appear magnified as they did at the original 800x600. I could post the log file here but it is rather large (24K).

I can grab an application window and it will move entirely out of view to the right and bottom up to the cursor.
Best regards,
Fred