xorg video modes question

Hello,

I am running Debian 6.0 on a Sun Ultra 5 with a Sun 7205a LCD. The video mode defaults to 800x600 which is causing problems with the openbox window manager. The video mode probably needs to be set to 1280x1024 but I have been unable to determine how to do this. There is no longer an xorg command to run with -configure to give an xorg.conf file to edit and I have not been able to generate one that X will accept. I know the major timing numbers for the LCD but do not know what to use for "Video Card". What should I do to change the video mode?

Best regards,
Fred