Re: Debian Sparc 5.4 on Sun blade 2500

hi,
i have intalled opensolaris snv_131, the target is an blade 1500
with video carte XVR-100, i download driver.
but i connot exploit it, i have difficulty with X server.

also

i have installed debian R5 on second hard drive with blade 1500.

i connot to parametre dual boot since obp.
i do alias disk ! it's don't work

i would like to choise OS at boot time.

also
i have a blade 150 with video card X-500, no one linux run.
what can i do?

Best regard
phil

Petr Vyslouzil a écrit :
[ Debian mail lists don't like images in attachments? Try #2 with .tar.gz]

Hello Frans & all,

Just to fast forward the bug tracking a tiny bit, here are some references:

* (incorrect) card detection should not be the problem[1]
* Joël Bertrand's attempt to get XVR-500 work on SB 2000[2]
* the problem with black strips on screen described below (it was a private
discussion, but I hope and believe Guillaume wouldn't mind to post it here as it
doesn't contain anything confidential or personal)
* there could be a working XVR-[56]00 driver for X11 in OpenBSD 4.5[3], but
  I cannot confirm or deny it. Could anybody try it out and report if it works?
  ATM I don't have a free sparc to test it on.
  Sadly, Opensolaris can't help us much as only XVR-100 is going to be
  opensourced, while XVR-[56]00 will stay closed due to Wildcat's IP.

Regards,
	Petr

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2008/12/msg00002.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2009/05/msg00090.html