Re: SunBlade2000 illegal instruction right after SILO

Steffen Moeller wrote:

Did you update the firmware? This may help, too.
No, we have not. There is no solaris on the box any more, and at least http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-111292-14-1 seems to require it.

This can be netbooted, I have updated u5 and u10 and e3000 using netboot. The update binary is not OS-dependent.

Is there anybody who could help with some sort of a rescue disk for sparc that we could net boot?

You can netboot the installer, let the installer detect your hardware then use the shell on F2 to manually mount the system and then chroot in and re-install Silo?

Many thanks

Steffen