Re: Installation prompt does not appear during netboot install

Frans Pop wrote:
On Friday 11 May 2007 17:13, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
* Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>, [2007-05-11 17:12 +0200]:
 On Friday 11 May 2007 17:06, H C Pumphrey wrote:
 > This link talks about having two cards. But on some hardware
 > (SunBlade 100 for example) you need it even if you have only one
 > card, because the ATI framebuffer code the kernel locks up hard.

 Ah, I was not aware of that. Could someone who's experienced the
issue propose an updated text that covers that?
I guess that booting with video=atyfb:off (as suggested in the
document) should work.

Duh. What I am looking for a description of the situation where this occurs (on which hardware for example). On my Ultra 10 it is not needed.
Searching this list for "video=atyfb:off" suggests the advice should just mention the symptom is the boot stops after "Booting Linux...". Then it is not necessary to mention the hardware, although it seems mainly reported for sunblade 100 & 150, but was reported for Ultra 10 too, and other hardware might be affected but not reported here?

For sunblade 100 at least I notice this is fixed in 2.6.20 but video=atyfb:off is still needed to avoid the red dots (search this list for "red dots" ;)

thanks

jim