Re: Installation prompt does not appear during netboot install

--- jim <jim@amarooas.com.au> wrote:

> Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Friday 11 May 2007 17:13, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
> >
> >> * Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>, [2007-05-11
> 17:12 +0200]:

> on some hardware
> if you have only one
> kernel locks up hard.

> who's experienced the
> >>>
> >> I guess that booting with video=atyfb:off (as
> suggested in the
> >> document) should work.
> >>

> > Duh. What I am looking for a  description of the
> situation where this
> > occurs (on which hardware for example). On my
> Ultra 10 it is not needed.
> >
> Searching this list for "video=atyfb:off" suggests
> the advice should
> just mention the symptom is the boot stops after
> "Booting Linux...".
> Then it is not necessary to mention the hardware,
> although it seems
> mainly reported for sunblade 100 & 150, but was
> reported for Ultra 10
> too, and other hardware might be affected but not
> reported here?
>
> For sunblade 100 at least I notice this is fixed in
> 2.6.20  but
> video=atyfb:off is still needed to avoid the red
> dots (search this list
> for "red dots" ;)
>
> thanks
>
> jim

Hello folks

Thanks for your replies, but the problem persists, I
have tried "boot net video=atyfb:off", "boot net
debian-installer/framebuffer=true vga=771".

My sun is an old ultra1.
I have a cgsix video card in sbus slot 2, I also have
a rtvc card in slot 1, I have changed the order the
devices are detected in openboot so that the cgsix
card is detected first. I also removed the rtvc card
and tried to boot. Still no installation prompt.

It boots directly into the kernel, I see the penguin
logo and a black space beneath it, then it says
"switching over to color console..."

Anybody ever encountered this?

Thanks buddies.

The fish are biting.