Re: Installation prompt does not appear during netboot install

Frans Pop wrote:
On Friday 11 May 2007 17:13, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
* Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>, [2007-05-11 17:12 +0200]:
 On Friday 11 May 2007 17:06, H C Pumphrey wrote:
 > This link talks about having two cards. But on some hardware
 > (SunBlade 100 for example) you need it even if you have only one
 > card, because the ATI framebuffer code the kernel locks up hard.

 Ah, I was not aware of that. Could someone who's experienced the
issue propose an updated text that covers that?
I guess that booting with video=atyfb:off (as suggested in the
document) should work.

Duh. What I am looking for a description of the situation where this occurs (on which hardware for example). On my Ultra 10 it is not needed.

I guess that one could add a line to the "Misdirected video output" section:

On some systems with ATI graphics cards (notably the SunBlade 100), similar symptoms occur even though there is only one graphics card. The work-around is again to boot the installer with video=atyfb:off

[Nishant said]

> You can issue the parameters at OpenPROM prompt itself like this:
> boot net "framebuffer=true vga=771"

It would be nice if that nugget of info could go into the SPARC installation guide as well, especially as SPARCs seem to need net-booting in many cases.

Cheers

Hugh

--

============S=u=p=p=o=r=t===D=e=b=i=a=n===http://www.debian.org =======
Dr. Hugh C. Pumphrey        | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-662-0478