Re: Installation prompt does not appear during netboot install

Hello Frans,

* Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>, [2007-05-11 17:28 +0200]:
>  On Friday 11 May 2007 17:13, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
>  > * Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>, [2007-05-11 17:12 +0200]:
>  > >  On Friday 11 May 2007 17:06, H C Pumphrey wrote:
>  > >  > This link talks about having two cards. But on some hardware
>  > >  > (SunBlade 100 for example) you need it even if you have only one
>  > >  > card, because the ATI framebuffer code the kernel locks up hard.
>  > >
>  > >  Ah, I was not aware of that. Could someone who's experienced the
>  > > issue propose an updated text that covers that?
>  >
>  > I guess that booting with video=atyfb:off (as suggested in the
>  > document) should work.
>
>  Duh. What I am looking for a  description of the situation where this
>  occurs (on which hardware for example). On my Ultra 10 it is not needed.

We do have a br for the same problem (one ati card and no output after
Booting Linux) also on a Sun Blade 150. See #403364.

So, the problem is reproducible on Blade 100/150 with a single (ati)
video card, and booting with video=atyfb:off is the workaround.

On my Blade 2000, with an ati and a creator 3d, the problem is not
reproducible. The order in /proc/fb is wrong, so the kernel output is
not sent to the screen you would expect, but that's already documented.

ciao,
    ema