Re: Major bug in mysql build (all versions since 4.1)

BERTRAND Joël napsal(a):
Frans Pop a écrit :

tags 334339 - wontfix
thanks

On Sunday 25 March 2007 20:02, BERTRAND Joël wrote:

    See bug #334339 (wontfix).

IMO the "wontfix" tag is not correct. There should at least be an explanation by the maintainer _why_ he considers this an issue that is does not need to be fixed. Removing the tag as it was added without any justification. AFAICT this is a real issue that should be solved.

    I aggree.

Bug was reported to mysql dev without success because dev have said that is a gcc-4.0 bug, not a mysql bug.

Yes, but the gcc maintainers have said that the bug there has been fixed
"long ago". Unfortunately they don't say in which version.

"has been fixed" ? I have tried to build mysql with _all_ gcc release between 3.3 and 4.1 without any success. Where have you seen that this bug was fixed ?

Maybe, but I think it is not very difficult to fix the configure.in
script to avoid this bug.

I have no idea about that and no idea how that would affect other architectures. Anyway, It is now probably too late to fix this for Etch.

I have no idea too. In a first time, I suspected a 32 bits wide userland and a 64 bits kernel... Maybe a trouble with gcc include on sparc architectures.

    Regards,

    JKB

Hi,
could you tell me if this bug
reported by me is the same as bug you reported ?

		Thanks
				Dan