Re: Major bug in mysql build (all versions since 4.1)

On Sunday 25 March 2007 19:18, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> 	I use for a long time mysql server on several sparc64 workstations
> running debian testing. I have to rebuild mysql when I need to upgrade
> these systems. Endeed, due to a bug in gcc, I have to rebuild the
> debian package, and after configure stage, I stop the process, edit
> config.h to undef :

This may sound weird, but: have you ever reported this as a bug against
mysql or gcc? If you experience problems in Debian, the normal route is
to file a bug report. In this case you could even justify making the bug
report "release critical".

If you have not, that would be a great pity as we are now very close to
the release of Etch.
You say that you have seen this "a long time", so there would have been
time to fix it. I'm not sure if there is still time now...