Major bug in mysql build (all versions since 4.1)

	Hello,

I use for a long time mysql server on several sparc64 workstations running debian testing. I have to rebuild mysql when I need to upgrade these systems. Endeed, due to a bug in gcc, I have to rebuild the debian package, and after configure stage, I stop the process, edit config.h to undef :

/* Define to 1 if you have the `gethostbyaddr_r' function. */
#define HAVE_GETHOSTBYADDR_R 1

/* Define to 1 if you have the `gethostbyname_r' function. */
#undef HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R

and restart compilation. Without this hack, it is impossible to do queries from a sparc64 system to a i386 or amd64 due to a bus error. Can someone do anything to fix this bug in debian distributions ?

	Regards,

	JKB