Re: Sparc32 support?

Jurij Smakov wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Frans Pop wrote:
>
> > Jurij:
> > Do you think we should make an effort to support sparc32 using 2.6 for
> > d-i? You said yourself that things were looking better and these reports
> > seem to confirm it.
> > This will be after the Beta2 release of the installer though.
>
> I've had plans for a while to re-add the sparc32 support to the linux-2.6
> packages, it was just prioritized down by other things. I'll probably get
> to it this weekend, enabling it in 2.6.16-rc series, which is going to be
> uploaded to experimental at some point.

I'm still trying to hack various things but am hampered by severe lack of time
and not really knowing what I'm doing :-)

Due in part to the number of reported problems I've had to go for more Compaqs
as additional systems here, but I'm still hoping to get to a position where
ordinary users aren't running x86 to improve resilience to malware.

I guess that's a vote for keeping 32-bit live if at all possible, I just wish I
could do more to contribute.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk