Kernel 2.6 Problem

Hi,

I was trying to update the kernel version from 2.4 to kernel-image-2.6.8-2-
sparc64-smp, but, when I reboot the computer, I found that I lost console
and keyboard.

Since the Sun I have is an 420 with a A1000 array with other sun in the same
cabinet, we use a KVM for SUN, well, thinking that the KVM could be the
problem I plug directry Monitor and keyboard to the 420 but the problem
persists, and the only way I can connect is remotely (SSH), I don't know if
there is a known bug for this, Could someone have a clue on what is going on
and how to solve this problem?

I need the kernel 2.6 in order to configure raid-1 and raid-6 in my debian-
sparc box.

Thanks in advance.

Enrique

--