Re: Xorg 7 I/O issues on sparc64

Hi Jurij,

5 days, one minute, 58 seconds ago,
Jurij Smakov wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 03:56:38PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > The proposed patch should have been part of Xorg 7.1 but that doesn't
> > seem to be the case.  If no Xorg release occurs by the time Etch is
> > released, then perhaps it should be applied to the Debian package?
>
> Last message from Drew Parsons in the bug trail indicates that the
> patch has been included in the latest xorg packages in unstable. Can
> you somehow confirm that it really fixed the problems that you
> experienced earlier?

The story I told earlier in this thread (i.e., the fact that I had to
remove the SunPCi card to make X work) happened with the following
packages:

  xserver-xorg           7.1.0-1
  xserver-xorg-core      1.1.1-8
  xserver-xorg-video-ati 6.6.2-2

And `Xorg -version' says:

  X Window System Version 7.1.1
  Release Date: 12 May 2006
  X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.1.1

Drew Person's message is older than my report, so it looks like it
didn't make any difference.  In any case, from what I understand, we'll
no longer have "invalid I/O allocation" messages once the fix is applied
(and I think we currently all see that message).

With `xserver-xorg' 7.1.0-3 and `xserver-xorg-core' 1.1.1-9, I still get
both the "invalid I/O allocation" and "ioctl32..." messages.  I have not
tried plugging the SunPCi back in but the fact that these messages did
not vanish is not confidence-inspiring.  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.