Re: Xorg 7 I/O issues on sparc64

Hi Ludovic,

Thanks a *lot* for doing all the research.

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 03:56:38PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> In the meantime, I found bug #384450 [0] which addresses this very
> issue:
>
>   The bug is that the Xorg PCI drivers fail to properly decode the I/O
>   port ranges for any PCI cards (not just video cards) having I/O ports
>   that have start or end+1 addresses that aren't 16-byte aligned.
>
>   [...]
>
>   Practically-speaking, the result is that adding unrelated, otherwise
>   perfectly Linux-compatible hardware can make accelerated X completely
>   non-functional.

Ouch.

> The proposed patch should have been part of Xorg 7.1 but that doesn't
> seem to be the case.  If no Xorg release occurs by the time Etch is
> released, then perhaps it should be applied to the Debian package?

Last message from Drew Parsons in the bug trail indicates that the
patch has been included in the latest xorg packages in unstable. Can
you somehow confirm that it really fixed the problems that you
experienced earlier?

Thanks,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org