Re: Xorg 7 I/O issues on sparc64

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:40:43 +0200, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@chbouib.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had reported some time ago problems running Xorg 7.0 on an Ultra 5 with
> the ATI driver, including apparent file system corruption problems,
> kernel crashes, etc. [0].  I tried out Xorg 7.1 with the 2.6.18-1 kernel
> package recently and noticed that nothing had changed.  However, I
> finally decided to remove that SunPCi board that sitted in my U5 (and was
> useless anyway, due to the lack of free drivers) and noticed that doing
> so made Xorg start and work flawlessly!

Is the SunPCI board the PCI Bridge? I have on of those in my U5 and last time
I tried Xorg 7 it corrupted my disk, leaving me no other option but to reinstall.
At the momento I'm working with XFree until I'm sure that xorg works ok
(which doesn't seem to be the case).

Here's my output from lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Ultra IIi
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Simba Advanced PCI Bridge (rev 13)
00:01.1 PCI bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Simba Advanced PCI Bridge (rev 13)
01:01.0 Bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. EBUS (rev 01)
01:01.1 Ethernet controller: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Happy Meal (rev 01)
01:02.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP (rev 5c)
01:03.0 IDE interface: Silicon Image, Inc. PCI0646 (rev 03)
02:03.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c875 (rev 04)

The difference with you is that I am using the PCI bridge.