Re: xorg hardware detection - please test

On Saturday 08 July 2006 01:31, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Dirk Dettmann wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 7. Juli 2006 08:45 schrieb Jurij Smakov:
> >
> > Hi Jurij,
> >
> >> I've hacked together a script (attached) which parses prtconf
> >> output and outputs the name of corresponding xorg driver
> >
> > you should include SUNW,afb for the "Elite 3D" in your script.
>
> Hi Dirk and Dieter,
>
> It looks like both of you have the Elite 3D cards. The correct driver, I
> believe, is sunffb. What I'm not sure about is whether one needs to use
> afbinit to initialize the cards. Does it work with recent kernels? Can you
> run xorg successfully on these cards?

sunffb is the correct xorg driver for Elite 3D and Creator 3D.

afbinit is necessary for Elite 3D but not for Creator 3D.

Empirical answers for two U60's:

    dual head, one of each card, kernel 2.6.16-1-sparc64-smp, xorg 6.9: okay
        (afbinit hard-locked with 2.6.17-1-sparc64-smp, needed a power cycle)

    single head, elite 3d, kernel 2.6.16-1-sparc64-smp, xorg 7.0: okay

-- SP