Re: xorg hardware detection - please test

On Friday 07 July 2006 02:45, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've hacked together a script (attached) which parses prtconf output and
> outputs the name of corresponding xorg driver. I've only included the
> information which I could find on my own machines and prtconf examples.
> Please test it on your box (you'll need prtconf from sparc-utils and awk).
> If you will get no output (which means that the script failed to detect
> any cards) or 'unknown' (found a card, but failed to map it to the
> driver), please submit output of prtconf -p -v on your machine as well as
> information about which xorg driver is appropriate for it.

Thanks for your work on this.

The script works okay on an Ultra 10, detecting onboard ati.

One of my U60's has an afb (creator) and ffb (elite).  The script
reported "unknown" since the afb is earlier in the node list and there was no
clause for SUNW,afb.

To detect Creator 3D video and cg14 (SX framebuffer), add

   "SUNW,afb" ) driver='sunffb' ;;
   "SUNW,sx" ) driver='suncg14' ;;

to the case statement near the end.

Running the script triggers a watchdog reset on my SS20, so I could not verify
correct operation.  (Probably a hardware or kernel problem.)

Does prtconf need /proc/openprom to be mounted, and are that mount and the
sparc-utils package available during installation?

====
Kernels 2.6 will not require prtconf.

U60:
   /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name = "Creator 3D"
   /sys/class/graphics/fb1/name = "Elite 3D"

U10:
  /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name = "ATY Mach64"

> I would also appreciate information about which keyboard settings are
> appropriate for what keyboart types, so that we can implement it properly.

I have only type5's, and they require an xorg pc105 map with Kernels 2.6.

-- SP