Re: xorg hardware detection - please test

Am Freitag, 7. Juli 2006 16:10 schrieb Frans Pop:
> On Friday 07 July 2006 08:45, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> > I've hacked together a script (attached) which parses prtconf output
> > and outputs the name of corresponding xorg driver.
>
> When this is integrated into XOrg configuration, we'll have to consider
> how to deal with the situation where a box contains both a video card
> detected by this method and a regular PCI video card.

This is already decided by the kernel on the choice of the used framebuffer
console and not necessarily correct (means: differs from openboot).
OpenBoot on the U60 will choose the Creator3D if present, else the PCI card.
Kernel uses framebuffer on the PCI card.

This difference messes up display the display (wrong colors), so I only have
one inserted.
So maybe you don't need prtconf but choose dependent on the current kernel
framebuffer?

BTW: Is there a way to change the framebuffer choice in OB?

HS