Re: Xorg 7 on sparc64

Hi,

Today, 10 hours, 34 minutes, 9 seconds ago, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> So it looks like it just opens the module file (descriptor 8) and reads
> the first 256 bytes of it. I have no clue why read could block on a normal
> file like that.

It's not that `read ()' blocks but rather that `strace' fails to read
the memory region pointed to by the second argument to `read ()' (e.g.,
its `ptrace ()' call never returned).

> Do you have some weird filesystem?

No, ext3.

> I think we have
> verified that the file has the correct md5sum before, so it's not
> corrupt...

Actually, it _looks_ corrupt after X crashed.  But upon reboot + fsck (+
additional reboot if `fsck' feels like it), the file is correct.

> Can you Stop-A at this point to get to the prom? If you can,
> the ctrace command might give you stack trace which can be useful in
> debugging it.

Unfortunately I can't because (i) at that point the screen is off ;-)
and (ii) I don't have any null-modem cable to get the console output
via the serial line.

Thanks,
Ludovic.