Re: Xorg 7 on sparc64

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:38:49 +0200, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@chbouib.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (About broken Xorg 7.0 on an Ultra 5.)
>
> Has anybody else tried Xorg 7.0 on an Ultra 5 (or similar) with an ATI
> 3D Rage Pro?  Or am I the only one experiencing problems?  The wiki
> page [0] currently only shows Jurij's success with an ATI board and a
> failure with a Raptor board.

A couple of months ago I tried upgrading my XFree86 to Xorg On my U5 with that ATI video card. The result is that the whole workstation freezes, and I have to turn it off (reset boton doesn't work in this case). What I'm sure is that it wasn't Xorg 7.0 (6 something).

What I did then was downgrade to XFree86 from stable and leave it there. I may try again to upgrade this wekend.