Re: HyperSPARC patches (?)

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, BERTRAND Joël wrote:

I have tested your patch with a SuperSPARC-II/smp workstation and I cannot obtain any error. I have seen that the last release candidate (2.6.17-rc2) is given with this patch. Thus, I have tried to boot in smp configuration, but kernel panics very early.

Ok, just to be absolutely clear: when you say "with your patch", do you mean "with the locking change reverted"? Does it work fine with UP kernel on an SMP workstation? At this point I don't care too much about SMP kernels :-), just want to positively establish that reverting the locking change does have positive effects on UP kernels.

Thanks a lot for testing!

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org