Re: debian-sparc3.1r1 not recognizing SUN optical mouse on Ultra10

In article <6.1.2.0.0.20060424071541.01aa4df0@pop.logical.net>
dfp10@capital.net writes:

>Hello,
>I have completely installed the base packages of debian-sparc3.1r1 onto a
>SPARC ULTRA10.
>This has the Type 5c keyboard and  the Type 5 3-button optical mouse.
>The keyboard is active and I can log into the screen.  I find that the
>mouse is frozen.
>How do I re-probe or re-configure the mouse to get it working?
>Thanks
>Don Parsons
>dfp10@capital.net

Are you using the proper (gridded metal) sun optical mouse pad?  Sun
optical mice only work on the correct pads at the correct orientation,
and it differs for different versions.

Other than that, double check your gpm or X11 configurations.  2.6
kernals make it pretend to be a pc mouse, so require different
configurations than 2.4 kernels.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html