Re: HyperSPARC patches (?)

Jurij Smakov a écrit :
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, BERTRAND Joël wrote:

No, I'm not able to get a backtrace or any other log because my workstation does not respond (all physical disks are deconnected). It can do an Oops, but it prints on console a lot of SCSI error, thus I do not have the time to read the backtrace.

Sorry for the mixup, I was responding to Ludovic who reported that he sees a kernel panic, but didn't make it explicitly clear :-P.

I can try. Can you give me a tarball of the same kernel you test ? Thus, we are sure that we test the same kernel.

I'm using the Debian's kernels from unstable, just apt-get source linux-2.6 to get the tree. If we can positively confirm that reverting the locking change fixes the problems at least on UP machines, I'll push this information upstream so that this change can be reviewed.

I have tested your patch with a SuperSPARC-II/smp workstation and I cannot obtain any error. I have seen that the last release candidate (2.6.17-rc2) is given with this patch. Thus, I have tried to boot in smp configuration, but kernel panics very early.

	Regards,

	JKB