Re: sparc video problems

Steve Meyer wrote:
But I still get nothingL The person I bought the machine from did include a 13w3 connecter but there is no place to plug the thing in. I know my monitor can easily support the 1024x768x60 resolution so I don’t think that is the issue. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, the U5 has the same openprom as the U10. The 'setenv output-device screen' command only affects the Creator3D card (if yopu have one) in an U10 and has no effect on the output of the VGA ATI display adapter on either the U5 or U10.

It's possible to pass parameters at boot-time to the fb device to make it display correctly once the kernel is loaded but I'm under the impression that if you don't see the OBP at boot time you never will with that monitor.

Gary