Re: Audioctl on a U10

I'd have to agree with Hendrik here. You know what module to load,
so no real need to run alsaconf. The only extra thing it would do
is create/update /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base for you.
I never tested my patch against 2.6.8, but rather against 2.6.12 or
so. So it is not guaranteed to work against 2.6.8. You never stated
if you applied the patch or not.

Regarding the error "could not open snd: No such device": do you
have a directory /dev/snd/ with a number of files in it?
If not, you need to run the 'snddevices' script (
/usr/share/alsa-base/snddevices, part of alsa-base package AFAIK).

If that does not do the trick, load the snd-sun-cs4231 module,
and provide the output from amixer. In adition, you may want to
run aadebug (http://alsa.opensrc.org/?page=aadebug) and post that
here.

It is ok that the find comes back without anything. That only covers
the ebus flavour of CS4231, so you must have an sbus one.

Martin