Re: help please....!

Austin Denyer a écrit :
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:30:09 -0400
Jose_Robles@cvgin.com wrote:
 I'm jose robles i'm from venezuela trying to install Debian on a
Sunfire V240, but I'm having some initial problems... At first I
tried a Debian boot cd (Sarge), but it froze when it reached
"remapping kernel"... No fun! I tried tried another cd (Woody) but
this only caused the machine to reboot. Some kind soul told me that
Silo isn't the most reliable of things so I should net boot the thing
instead. Ok then! I tried with debian testing and says remapping
kernel ok I said ufff.....¡ but does not say anything but that I can
make

You probably need to do a tftp boot and network install.  I had to do
that on a Sunfire V210. The CD install is broken on those machines.

Regards,
Ozz.

Hi,
I would be interested to no which image you used for your v210 install
regards