Re: Audioctl on a U10

Martin,

I'm sorry that i'm still confused. I can load the snd-sun-cs4231
successfully in my Ultra 5. No error messages. When I run the alsaconf,
it says "could not open snd: No such device", then it unloaded all the
snd drivers. My kernel is 2.6.8. I looked at your patch but I don't
know how to fix it. Would you elaborate please?
I try to mount the openpromfs - "/bin/mount -t openpromfs none
/proc/openprom"
I can't find an audio file - "find /proc/openprom -follow -type d -name
"audio*" -print
Am I just miss the audio file? How do I create it?

ultra5:/dev# modprobe snd-sun-cs4231
ultra5:/dev# alsaconf
modinfo: could not open snd: No such device
modinfo: could not open snd: No such device
modinfo: could not open snd: No such device
Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-sun-cs4231 snd-pcm-oss
snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-timer snd-page-alloc.
Building card database...