Re: X on Ultra 10 (afbinit, XFre86)

Hi,

I too have a U10 with Elite3D. I am running 2.6.12 with xorg 6.8 on it (runs
at 1280x1024). I specified my resolution in my xorg conf and haven't tried
any other resolutions. "It just always worked".
My guess is that if changing your xorg.conf doesn't work you will need to find
a way to change it "directly" on the framebuffer with fbset or the likes. And
if that doesn't work, eh, maybe you will be able to set it in openboot with
setenv or something? I'm guessing here,sorry...

Further...
A little of topic but i otherwise I would need to start a new tread on this...
You mention you run kde. What version? Everyting after 3.3 (various 3.4
versions) just crashes on my U10... And the thing is I like kde :( ...

Thanks,

Vincent