Re: Re: X on Ultra 10 (afbinit, XFre86)

Thanks for the note about changing the resolution in openboot. It helped.
As for KDE, I am talking about 3.3.1 that came with the install.
My next isue is sound card that is not working.

---

My guess is that if changing your xorg.conf doesn't work you will need to find a way to change it "directly" on the framebuffer with fbset or the likes. And if that doesn't work, eh, maybe you will be able to set it in openboot with setenv or something? I'm guessing here,sorry...

Further...
A little of topic but i otherwise I would need to start a new tread on this... You mention you run kde. What version? Everyting after 3.3 (various 3.4 versions) just crashes on my U10... And the thing is I like kde :( ...