Re: Type5 keyboard with kernel version 2.6.x

Hendrik Sattler <ubq7@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> I'll try to hack one up next week (however: never done that before).
> Especially, I am missing the Compose-Key.

I have an xmodmap entry for it:

  keycode 0x75 =  Multi_key

(Use xev to find the keycode.  I'm not sure where the keysym semantics
are documented, though.)

It should obviously be included in whatever drives the console
keyboard.  I had intended to investigate that but never got round to
it.

> Altogether, the documentation for X kbd and keyboard driver absolutely
> suck :-(

Cruel but fair.