installing 2.6 kernel

The only way to install debian-sparc 2.6.x kernel with sarge netinst CD on Ultra-5 is to type: linux debconf/priority=medium at the boot: prompt? Is there no easier way?

I like the installer exactly the way it is by default, but just want it to install kernel 2.6 without having to manually choose each menu option.

Additionally, when doing it this way, after the first reboot, when I am supposed to configure the system (clock, first user, etc.), the keyboard is non-responsive. Yet doing the default install (which gives me kernel 2.4.27), the keyboard works fine.

I just have a regular Sun keyboard and mouse, and chose "Sun keyboard" and "American English".

johnn