Re: Problems with Xinerama using a Matrox Millenium / Creator 3D with an Ultra 30.

On 16 Mar 2005 01:27:49 +0000
Martin <inkubus@interalpha.co.uk> wrote:

> > > There certainly used to be something wrong with it.  Check the archives
> > > for around autumn last year (IIRC), there was a patch for handling
> > > scanning the PCI bus.
> > I have seen one message about this but was not able to find out more. where
> > and how would I look for these?
> I think it was relating to running X on SPARC on a 2.6 kernel and was
> around the time 2.6 came out.  Which would mean it was some time in
> 2004.  Download the archives and grep or google seem like your best
> options.

The PCI device tree names under /proc/bus/pci have changed to the
format of:

	/proc/bus/pci/$(PCI_DOMAIN_NUM):$(PCI_BUS_NUM)/

instead of the old:

	/proc/bus/pci/$(PCI_BUS_NUM)/

X's device probe has never been fixed to handle this correctly.

It really needs this fix, as X is busted on multiple platforms
with 2.6.x kernels because of this.