Re: IDE disk(s) are not detected on SB100 [was: Re: New 2.4.27-2 kernel and d-i images...]

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Matthew Fischer wrote:

	Jurij,

	I dont think any combination will work because the image is
missing the IDE-generic module (as I mentioned in the other thread).
When I connected this disk to my other linux box, it required the
IDE-generic module before it would work.

	Do you build the disk images?  If so could you build one with
the ide-generic module available?

Hi Matt,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no ide-generic module in the 2.4.x kernels. It is not present in Debian's i386 kernel-image-2.4.27-2 debs and is not mentioned anywhere in the drivers/ide subdirectory in the source tree. So if you see that the ide-disk, ide-cd and the module for your chipset (which is alim15x3, I presume) are loaded, then something else is wrong.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org