Re: New 2.4.27-2 kernel and d-i images available for sparc - testers wanted

On Thursday 17 February 2005 07:14, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> The long awaited update of the 2.4.27 kernel-images for sparc has
> finally hit unstable.

Tested on my Ultra10 with daily businesscard CD.

System boots OK (2.4.27-2 kernel) and displays languagechooser, but there
are 2 errors during boot:
- IDE errors from cmd64x
  As the module is compiled in, I tried passing ide=nodma but that makes
  no difference.
- Unimplemented SPARC system call 188.
  Repeated several times.

I can't really see any difference from the previous kernel.

P.S. Why are there no 2.6 kernels on the CD? Silo should be able to handle
that, right?

Cheers,
FJP