Re: sparc buildd issues [Re: Release candidate architecture requalification results; amd64 is RC]

In article <[🔎] 1135711475.11654.7.camel@xserver.walki.homelinux.org>
daniel@flexserv.de writes:
>Can i also repoduce this on a sarge machine / what are the requirements
>to get this happen. only the kernel or more?
>is a chroot with sid/etch inside enough?
>What can i do to help the porters with this issue.?
>
>I know that rene is doing some OOo builds here, but i am didn't heard
>the last time that maurice has dumped.
>
>Daniel

Part of what needs to be done is determine exactly what circumstances
it does happen.  I think this happened to me under 2.6.8, so it may
apply to sarge.  It may only happen on SMP boxes or SMP kernels.

It does not happen predictably, openoffice builds fine sometimes.

A guess is it may be some kernel code that needs a lock around it.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html