Re: sparc buildd issues [Re: Release candidate architecture requalification results; amd64 is RC]

In article <[🔎] 20051227131843.GA30850@keid.carnet.hr> joy-sparc@debian.org writes:
>What is this kernel problem, how does it manifest? Which branch, 2.4 or 2.6?

Assuming this is what I have seen on my sparc pbuilder (ultra 2, dual
300Mhz), the symptom is the system rebooting (or, less often, crashing
and needing a power cycle to reboot).  I'm running 2.6.12 (etch).
Some of my reboots are due to power problems though, since the system
is not on a UPS.  (Cheep UPSes die quickly with the frequent long
brownouts I get here.)

To reproduce, run your system under heavy load, like building
openoffice.org, gcc, or the kernel.  I run two builds at a time.  This
may only happen on multi-processor machines.  (Auric is dual
processor, I don't know about the new sparc buildds.)

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html