Re: sparc developer machines

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Andrew Sharp wrote:

Another poster brought up a good point: what would the disk size
requirements be for such a machine?

I don't think there are strict rules. The machine should comfortably hold a few chroots for different distributions (stable, testing, unstable) and have enough space for most disk-space-hungry packages to build. The worst case seems to be openoffice.org, for which the build requires about 7GB (pessimistic estimate) including all the build-deps. So, I'd guess that
20GB or more would be a reasonable requirement.

Another thing which was not stressed in my initial mail is that this machine would have to be accessible to all Debian developers, so it might potentially have about a 1000 accounts on it.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org