Re: sparc developer machines

Hi,

There are some spare machines here. I'm in the CS department in Trinity
College, and we have two labs of sun machines which are entirely unused.
They're Ultra 5 and 10s. If these are any good then just say the word.

There are some Blade 100 and 150s around as well but they would have to be freed up first, not that they are getting much use either.

They are on the heanet network (http://www.heanet.ie/), so connectivity
wouldn't be a problem. The only obstacle would be that the only
external network access they would have would be incoming ssh. If this
is a major problem then there may some way to get them moved off the
college network onto the heanet network proper, but that would take some
time. (Along with the usual network politics wrangling, *sigh*)

If ye are interested I can have a couple of these boxes set up within a
couple of weeks.

If anyone wants to colocate here (Ireland), I'll see what I can do
about getting them hosted by heanet.

Sarah
--
www.ducss.tcd.ie