Re: blade 1000 boot problem

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:34, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> Quoting Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk>:
> > Yes, when the v210 was frozen, I had to reset it via the lights-out
> > management system.
>
> The 'lights-out management system'? Is that a Solaris thing?

It's a Compaq-originated thing - an interface card that allows you to do
everything remotely - i.e. with the lights out in the server room.

Not exactly sure of the origin, but I used to use it in a Compaq server farm
and it is a great idea, especially for remote / adsl connections.

After all, workig from home in my jammies has a certain appeal - not to
mention it's closer to the beer fridge !!