Re: problems using a printer at my ultra5

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 01:23:44PM +0200, Peter wrote:
> Hi, what kind of USB card were you using in your Ultra 5? I tried a card
> with a viao chipset that I had lying around, but the machine wouldn't
> even boot up with that.

I don't remember any details except that it's a 4 port USB 2.0 card (480 Mbps)
with a VIA chipset that I bought in a local computer store for a few euros.

My USB 1 printer and USB 2 mp3 player worked perfectly fine with that card.

I do remember reading a post several months ago where someone tried to use a
USB/firewire combo card without much success. Is your card a USB only card, or
does it also have firewire (or other features)?

Admar