Re: Java on Sparc / Sparc64

Admar Schoonen wrote:
Relax Brandon. I am glad that I can use java on sparc now. The fact that they
don't provide .debs was not ment as a complaint. If I find some spare time in
the next few weeks I might even try to build a .deb myself, though I'm not very
experienced in creating debian packages. If I succeed, I will put it online.

Just download the bin file, install the 'java-package' and 'fakeroot' packages, and run

fakeroot make-jpkg whatever-the-bin-file-is-called.bin

to generate a deb from the self-extracting archive.

HTH,

--
Joshua Kwan