Re: Debian Sarge on Ultra 5

In article <[🔎] 36df214604092421252affd540@mail.gmail.com> sidhu.h@gmail.com writes:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install debian on ultra sparc 5, but seem to be having
>some issues with it.  I used the Sarge install and it failed to
>install silo then i decided to use the srage installer that is updated
>daily and used the one for 09/25/04 but after it boot of the cd the
>install refuses to mount the cdrom and fails there.
>
>Can some one please help me figure out what I could be doing differently?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Herminder

If you are using the sid daily build rather than the sarge daily
build, I had the same problem with a sparcstation 20 and have reported
a bug on it.  The sarge daily build did not have this problem.  It
looks like "daily" currently points to the sid version.

>From the error messages running "modprobe sr_mod" at the d-i shell,
it looks like some symbols arn't defined in the 2..27 kernle there.
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html