[SOLVED] Re: sound configuration

Thomas Amm said:
> On Sunday 28 November 2004 12:49, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I'm a gentoo dev trollin', but in the spirit of peace, love, and
>> harmony (pun intended), you guys might want to check out the patches
>> to alsa-driver-1.0.7 that improve things on sparc (including a
>> snd-ioctl32 that doesn't lockup)...
>>
>> http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/media-sound/alsa-driver/files/als>>a-driver-1.0.7-ioctl32.patch-r1
>> http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/media-sound/alsa-driver/files/als>>a-driver-1.0.7-configure.patch
>
> Thanks a lot, you're not trolling, but highly welcome. I was just about
> to  write some wrappers around audioctl and sox which works quite well
> on 2.4.27-sparc64 (even artsd works, if set to threaded oss and started
>  together with 'audioctl -w play.pause=0' ) - maybe this has become
> obsolete with the patches.

Replying to myself, for the archives:

After all it showed that OSS and jackd are working perfectly together -
that's what Ioriginally wanted, and what can be seen as a quite useful configuration. I
only did not dare to try it before I had ALSA runnning - a mistake, I
admit.Artsd and Gnome are able to lock on jackd, Muse and Xmms are, aumix needs
some quirx but worx.