Re: sound configuration

On Sunday 28 November 2004 12:49, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Yeah, I'm a gentoo dev trollin', but in the spirit of peace, love, and
> harmony (pun intended), you guys might want to check out the patches to
> alsa-driver-1.0.7 that improve things on sparc (including a snd-ioctl32
> that doesn't lockup)...
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/media-sound/alsa-driver/files/als
>a-driver-1.0.7-ioctl32.patch-r1
> http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/media-sound/alsa-driver/files/als
>a-driver-1.0.7-configure.patch

Thanks a lot, you're not trolling, but highly welcome. I was just about to
write some wrappers around audioctl and sox which works quite well
on 2.4.27-sparc64 (even artsd works, if set to threaded oss and started
together with 'audioctl -w play.pause=0' ) - maybe this has become obsolete
with the patches.  I'd love it because the Sun-Audio device has a very
powerful and warm output.  I am a musician / VJ - and I intend to use the
Blade for that purpose - well knowing  this won't be too easy.

Btw. 'harmony' - I have a A9000 715/100,  which also used to have a good
sound under 2.4 and broke with 2.6 native alsa - I'll have a look for
corresponding patches.