Re: Where to find command?

On Sunday November 28 2004 12:32 am, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 15:42 -0700, Walt L. Williams wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am looking for the command that is used to configure
> > the X11. I accidentaly set my color depth to 24 bit
> > when my old 3D creator card (Ultra2) and monitor can't
> > handle it. It actually needs to be set to around (Ahh!) 8 bit.
> > Ya thats right 8 bit. I have a fairly old Sun monitor.
> > Could someone direct me to the proper publication
> > please? (I want to download it so I can reference it.)
>
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Thank you for the info.

Isn't there a downloadable or at the very least a bookmarkable
document the I can use so I don't have to keep pestering yall
with questions?

After trying this command there is a couple of question. The config
program is asking for the bus ID of my video card. How would I
find out what the bus ID is? My creator card is located in the only
sbus slot it can be plugged into. The lower right slot as you into the
open machine from the front.  Also how much memory typically
came on these cards?

I went through the config program and just hit enter on things that
I was not sure on. At the end I get an error message:

start_configlet: configlet in path /usr/share/configlet/xserver-common is bad
<string>:25: DeprecationWarning: xreadlines is deprecated; use 'for line of
file'.

There is apparently a problem with xserver-common. I will attempt to reload
it unless anyone has thoughts on this.

Regards
Walt

> Answer apropos.