Re: which xserver to use on Ultra2 ?

A levelezőm azt hiszi, hogy Hartwig Atrops a következőeket írta:
> > And how do I build a Debian kernel that's more recent ?
>
> There is a Debian way to build a kernel of your own. It somhow uses the
> Debian package managment as far as I know. I never used it, I take a kernel
> from kernel.org, configuere, compile and install it. The way I did it before
> I switched to Debian. So, if you want to go the Debian way, I am the wrong
> person to talk to ;-)

As simple user:

cd <topdir>
unpack the kernel
cd <kernel dir>
vi Makefile (I used to change extraversion to know from name
what is configured)
make menuconfig (or config or xconfig)
fakeroot make-kpkg kernel_image

As root:

cd <topdir>
dpkg -i kernel-image[etc].deb

I like this way, because it makes easier to transport kernel
between hosts (I build on the build machine, and install in the
production ones), and takes care for modules, config and system
map.

I also find it very easy and straightforward.

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból