Re: New procps, may break

csmall@enc.com.au (Craig Small) writes:

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 01:58:07PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> The presence of /lib64 has nothing to do with it being used. Best way
>> to actualy test for it I can think of is compiling a conftest and
>> checking where it gets the libc from. That would work on all archs and
>> distributions afaik.
> Yes, that sounds pretty hard to do. Considering free is nowish I
> think I"ll leave that for next release.
>
>> You're 'lib64=lib' in debian/rules should work for all debian
>> archs. It's what the README says to do after all. :)
>
> Strangely enough it *did* break on os390.  I missed one in the install
> step so have had to make a 3.2.2-2 to fix it for at least that arch.
>
> I'm surprised to worked on the amd64, I suspect yours may not be bi-arch
> or whatever it is called when you have both 64-bit and 32-bit compiling
> going on.
>
> Now unless it is supposed to be in /lib64 everything should be ok.
>
>  - Craig

Amd64 has lib64 -> lib, /usr/lib64 -> /usr/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib64 ->
/usr/X11R6/lib. The test for the /lib64 dir would be true on amd64
even though it is _not_ biarch.

mrvn@dual:~% [ -d /lib64 ] && echo yes
yes
mrvn@dual:~% ls -lhd /lib64
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root root 3 Jun 28 16:46 /lib64 -> lib/

It's a bit strange that a test for dir is true on a link but aparently
it follows the link.

I think I checked the wrong version of procps though. 1:3.2.2-1 still
needs to be build.

MfG
        Goswin