Re: Can't install Debian on Sunblade2000

В сообщении от 2 Апрель 2004 18:39 Ben Collins написал(a):
> > Remapping kernel
> > Booting Linux
> > =============
> > and then it hanged.
> >
> > I have googled a lot and found many similar problems but no one solution.
> > The most optimistic case was when someone got rid of it by simply
> > recompiling the kernel "with several parameters changed" - so it will
> > occassionally became "aligned" and booted up. I have not tryed it myself
> > yet since I never did a cross-compile so it will take a lot of time and I
> > will probably do it only next week.
>
> Add -p to the end of your boot net command line.
Ok. Well. Thank you for your help - this key is really helped me to move
forward but - nope - this is not enough.
Now I have stuck with another problem - it can't find console so I did not see
anything except of initial kernel messages.

I tryed three images this time: woody tftp image (still same effect - junk
spreading all over the screen with "memory address not aligned error
finally"), sarge d-i tftp image and tftp image from
http://www.phunnypharm.org/.
The last two images worked slightly differently:
phunnypharm image prints out "Warning: can't find initial console" and then
hangs.
d-i beta 3 waits a moment and then panics after two "unknown sparc
instructions" and "attempt to kill init".

I can not connect through serial cable since this box have no RS-232 port and
I have no first woody CD image (some additional googling points that it may
be working).

So - can you give me your invaluable tip once more? :-)

--
Respectfully
Alexey Nezhdanov